The Yoto Card store has tons of amazing books and music available... but they don't have everything. Especially some popular characters and famous cartoons that might be your kids' favorites! That's where MYO Yoto cards come in: you can put legally-obtained audio content on blank cards, and build a personalized library for your family.
Sourcing legal Yoto content can be tricky and quite time-consuming.
We've done all the hard work of finding files that work for you!
This post is stock full of audio file sources for popular characters like Blippi, Peppa Pig, Cocomelon, Daniel Tiger, Paw Patrol, Thomas the Train, Encanto, Bluey, Moana, Frozen, Octonauts, and more. Read on for links to purchase your own files and make cards.
--> If you're unfamiliar with how to make a Yoto card, you can skip down to the end of this post for an overview or check out this post for more in-depth instructions.
--> We also have a post here about all of our favorite Yoto cards that you can purchase on Amazon or through the Yoto store.
- How to get MP3 files off Amazon.
- Cocomelon Yoto Cards
- Blippi Yoto Card
- Peppa Pig Yoto Card
- Daniel Tiger Yoto Cards
- Paw Patrol Yoto Card
- Thomas The Train Yoto Cards
- How To Make an Encanto Yoto Card
- Bluey Yoto Cards
- Moana Yoto Card
- Tangled Yoto Card
- Frozen Yoto Card
- Disney Princess Yoto Card Content
- Pink Fong Yoto Card
- Octonauts Yoto Card
How to get MP3 files off Amazon.
When you make your own Yoto card, you need to purchase the audio first. You cannot download content you stream; you need to own the actual mp3 file.
Amazon is by far the fastest and easiest option for making your own cards since the file already in the format you need, although we've included other source links as well.
You're looking for MP3 audio at each of these links. This post has tons of options for popular characters!
On any of the Amazon listings, click the yellow "Buy MP3 Album" to download a folder of the mp3 tracks. You can also scroll down and buy individual tracks, but it's almost always cheaper to buy the whole cd or collection.
If you search for something and land on the Amazon Music streaming page (it looks like the picture below), you'll need to click the "Purchase Options" button and then the MP3 Music dropdown. That leads you to the purchasing page with the yellow button like the above picture.
...On sources other than Amazon
Soundtracks purchased as MP3 files from Amazon are the easiest way to get content for yoto cards.
You can also purchase sound files from Audible, Chirp, and Audiobooks.com, but it will take more effort from you. You'll need to use paid software to convert the sound files to MP3.
We can't comment on the legality of this process, but the directions to do so are found here: How To Convert Audible Content for Yoto Cards.
Cocomelon Yoto Cards
Ahh, Cocomelon. I haven't met a toddler that doesn't like these simple song videos. They are just so catchy!
Luckily, there are tons of options for making a huge playlist of Cocomelon Songs for your Yoto Cards. You'll want to buy the $7.99 mp3 albums from these links:
- Cocomelon Essentials This gives you 20 top songs from Cocomelon! Use the yellow "Buy MP3 Album" button on the top right to get them all.
- Cocomelon Kid Hits 1 - This is a smaller collection, and the first five tracks are already included in the larger essential collection above. Just buy tracks 6-10: Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Soccer Song, Humpty Dumpty, Teacher Song, and One Potato.
- Cocomelon Kid Hits 2 - Again, half of these songs are on the larger Essentials collection. Just buy tracks 3, 5, 7, 8, and 9 for Dog Song, Playground Song, The More We Get Together, Helping Song, and Rock A Bye Baby.
- Cocomelon Nursery Songs - If your child just loves the classics, then get this giant collection of 40 different nursery rhymes!
For personal use, you can use a Cocomelon image on your Yoto card from Google Images. You aren't allowed to sell or provide it to other people though.
Blippi Yoto Card
Does your child love Blippi? There are tons of options of Blippi music files for Yoto cards!
- All of the Blippi essential songs are here!
- Here's Blippi Tunes Volume 1.
- 18 songs about Blippi's Animal Friends are available here.
- This Blippi Tunes Volume 3 album has 20 great tracks.
- This one is all about Vehicles: Blippi Tunes Volume 4.
- Blippi Volume 5: Exploring The World
- This album is shorter and just focused on the Blippi Machines Songs
- This is a Blippi picture book with an accompanying CD. The story is read by Blippi himself and includes audio tracks of favorite songs well. If you know how to rip the cd then this is a super fun option.
Peppa Pig Yoto Card
You have two options here for making a Peppa Pig Yoto Card:
#1 The EASIEST option
Purchase Peppa's Adventures: The Album from this link. You automatically get mp3 files ready to put on a Peppa Pig Yoto card album.
However, if you have a Peppa lover you may want to combine the album above with option #2...
#2: Purchase an Audio CD
You could also purchase one of these cds, rip the files, and then combine them to make your own Peppa Pig Yoto card. It's fairly easy to pull audio off a cd you own, and then you can just add it to anything else you have to make a playlist.
- Storytime with Peppa
- On The Road with Peppa
- Peppa Pig: Bedtime Stories
- Peppa Pig: Play Days
- Peppa Pig: Nursery Songs
- Peppa Pig: My First Album
- Once Upon A Time With Peppa
Daniel Tiger Yoto Cards
We love Daniel Tiger! These collections have all the Daniel Tiger songs you know and love! The songs are directly from the episodes, which makes it super easy to make a Daniel Tiger Yoto Card.
- You can get a collection of "Life Lesson" songs here. It would make a great Daniel Tiger Yoto Card!
- The Daniel Tiger "Big Feelings" collection is here. It has songs about using your words, how it's okay to feel sad, and more.
- This link has the Daniel Tiger Family Trip songs. Perfect for road trips!
- Make Yourself A Daniel Tiger Yoto card for bedtime with this Countdown to Calm Down collection.
- You could also try this Mr Roger's Poetry Collection: A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood, which features poems written by the great man himself. It may not be a familiar voice at first, but Daniel Tiger fans will almost certainly relate to the themes and rhythm of the original show as well.
You can make a pretty awesome Daniel Tiger Yoto Card with these options.
Paw Patrol Yoto Card
JUST RELEASED! Two new Paw Patrol Yoto Cards! These are definitely the best bang for your buck - since they are ready to go and don't require any conversion time.
- Paw Patrol Yoto Card #1: 5 Minute Stories Collection - We actually have this book in print form and it's great! There are seven stories in the book, right around five minutes each.
- Paw Patrol Yoto Card #2: Goodnight Adventure Bay - This is a series of bedtime stories, with sleepy sound effects.
Before those were released, there were only a few options. Most people combined songs and audiobooks onto one Paw Patrol Yoto Card, but the stories are now available above.
- This 4 track audio collection has the Paw Patrol Official Theme Song and a few more songs.
Thomas The Train Yoto Cards
There is a Thomas The Train podcast called "Thomas & Friends Storytime."
I wish there was content that was easy to download, but it's a bit more complex. Many people put the podcast episodes on a card to make a Thomas The Train Yoto Card!
The deep links to the podcast episodes are here, courtesy of Podnews.
Simply right-click each podcast link, and "Copy Link Address." Then in your Yoto Playlist, click "Add Stream" and paste that link in. You can then link your content to an MYO card.
More detailed directions are available from Yoto at this link. You'll need to do this for each episode you're interested in to make a Thomas The Train Yoto Card, so it's a bit time-consuming but it works!
UPDATE: You don't have to download individual episodes now! It's much faster to make a Thomas the Train Yoto podcast card - detailed directions at this link.
How To Make an Encanto Yoto Card
This one is popular for good reason: the music is catchy, fun, and great for singing along! Make your own Encanto Yoto Cards with these options.
- Here's the link to the Encanto soundtrack. The first 9 tracks are the well-known hits, and then the rest instrumental background music from the movie. So you could make a really long Encanto yoto card if you wanted.
- Here's a link to the Encanto story. This is a 2+ hour dramatized recording of the story of Mirabel saving her family.
I wouldn't be surprised if Yoto comes out with an official Encanto Yoto card from their store in the next year or two, but this should tide your kids over until then.
Bluey Yoto Cards
Bluey is super popular - but it's not USA-based brand so your options are limited.
- Your best option is to make a Bluey Yoto Card of the music! This Bluey: The Album soundtrack is available on Amazon. It includes 17 tracks of music from the show, complete with little phrases & conversations throughout the songs. Enjoy a Bluey Yoto Card of fun music!
If you're looking for stories on a Bluey Yoto Card, things get a bit more complicated.
- Your next best bet is to record MYO content yourself. There are Bluey books available on Amazon, and one valid option is reading them aloud and recording yourself. It's a chance to practice your accent! Or you could find an Australian or British friend to read them for you.
There are not official Audiobook recordings available from any USA retailer.
What does exist is video, but you're venturing into illegal and unethical area here.
Technically, you can strip the audio from videos you find online. This process has pretty questionable legality and I won't do it personally. But this is what's possible:
- Some people purchase episodes from the Bluey website and then use software to strip the audio content from the videos. You end up with the audio track of the actual episodes. However, this isn't how Bluey intended their digital downloads to be used, and their files are not licensed to be manipulated this way.
- Penguin Books Australia has released 4 Youtube videos of Bluey books read by famous authors. If you're comfortable ripping audio content off YouTube, then those books are available here. Again, this is against Youtube's terms of service and certainly unethical.
- FYI, some people share Bluey playlists through Yoto's sharing function. This is definitely wrong, completely against Yoto's terms of service, and is copyright infringement of the Bluey brand you profess to support. Don't ruin the sharing function for the rest of us.
Bluey is a family favorite - it's such a wholesome amazing show. I guess it's just a question of asking yourself how badly you really need a Bluey Yoto Card, or if you can just access the shows legally on Disney+.
We hope we get more official options for Bluey Yoto Cards soon, but for now, the music album is the only completely legal and ethical option for done-for-you content.
Moana Yoto Card
A Moana Yoto card is bound to be a favorite among kids! Make one yourself with these options.
- Here's the link to the Moana Soundtrack (don't forget to click Mp3 instead of streaming!)
- In case you missed it, there is an official Moana Yoto Card that is the junior novelization retelling of Disney's Moana.
Tangled Yoto Card
- Here is the Tangled soundtrack.
- Don't forget that this is already a Tangled card from Yoto itself, available here.
Frozen Yoto Card
For Frozen, you have options! You can add the two soundtracks to a single card or make a Frozen Yoto card and a Frozen 2 Yoto Card.
- Here's the link to the Frozen Soundtrack MP3 files.
- Here's the link to the Frozen 2 soundtrack MP3 files.
- There is also a Frozen storybook collection of short stories. You'll need to convert this file to be able to use it.
Don't forget that Yoto actually provides two different Frozen cards from their store as well:
- The short novelization.
- The longer novelization.
Disney Princess Yoto Card Content
Wish there were some official Disney Princess Yoto Cards?
This ultimate Disney Princess song collection would make a great Yoto card.
Or, grab this Disney Princess fairytale song collection that has all of the famous songs from each princess.
Either collection is a great way to be able to play a lot of classic Disney songs for your kids!
Read-Along Storybooks with CDs
These are the best books for reading along with the story! The stories have a narrator but also actor voices and background music. They include a chime for when to turn the page.
The links are for physical books with an accompanying physical CD. That means you'll need to rip the content onto your computer in order to make a Yoto Card, but that's a pretty quick process.
Overall, they make a fun activity for children who like to be read to. They can look at the pictures and turn the pages in time with the audio!
- Disney's Movie Night Read-Along Storybook: Frozen, Wreck-It-Ralph, and Moana
- Pixar Read-Along Storybook: Cars, Finding Dory, Toy Story, Inside Out
- Princess Magical Tales: Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Cinderella
- I Have A Dream - This picture book about Marin Luther King Jr includes part of his speech on CD
Pink Fong Yoto Card
Pink Fong is the understated celebrity of all toddlers, thanks to Baby Shark.
- Here's a huge album of The Pinkfong 50 Best Hits: Baby Shark and more.
- Get a bunch of Pink Fong Animal Songs here.
Octonauts Yoto Card
If you want to make an Octonauts Yoto Card, you’re going to have to put in some effort. There is not a quick and easy way to do it.
There are 5 different Octonauts CDs available. The tracks are the audio straight from the episodes, without added narration. So it may be hard to follow, but you still get the Octonauts experience. In addition, every episode’s Creature Report in included, so that’s a fun little addition.
- Octonauts: The Great Algae Escape And Other Stories
- Octonauts: The Giant Whirlpool And Other Stories
- Octonauts: The Monster Map and Other Stories
- Octonauts: The Eel Ordeal And Other Stories
- Octonauts: The Dolphin Reef Rescue And Other Stories
In addition, each of these collections is available on Audible, which may be a good use of your credit or a free trial.
Either option requires some conversion time: you’ll have to either rip the mp3 files or convert the audible files to make an Octonauts Yoto Card.
How to Make Your Own Yoto Card
Need a recap about how to take the files above and get them on a card? Here are some quick directions. There is also a step-by-step list of directions here if you'd rather follow along.
Here's how to turn that audio into Yoto cards that you can listen to and enjoy on your Yoto player.
...what about copyright?
If you are using audio that you created, legally purchased, or have permission to use from the rightsholder, then it is legal to use to create your own Yoto cards.
That means you cannot use files from "all-access" streaming sources such as Spotify, the Amazon Music streaming service or Epic books. You are renting them, not purchasing them.
There are still some great places to find audio that you can legally purchase and download to convert into Yoto cards.
Add Your MP3s
Once your audio is purchased, you can go to Yoto and upload those MP3s. You can upload them from either your phone or your computer.
If you're doing it on your phone, go to the Make Your Own section and click on the New Playlist button.
On your computer, you'll go to the My Playlists section and click the New Playlist button.
Then add each track to your playlist. This can get a bit tedious, since, unfortunately, you can't add an entire book or album at once. You have to upload them one by one, track by track.
If you want to use audio of a family member reading a story, then once you record those, you'll add the MP3 recordings in the same way.
Link Your Audio to a Card
Whether you added your audio via your phone or your computer, the next steps are the same.
After you've added your audio to a playlist (make sure your tracks are all in the right order!), you can check out your playlists in the library of your Yoto app. Select the playlist you want to make into a Yoto card and click on the three-dot menu. Choose the "Link to a Card" option.
Then you'll need to insert a blank "Make Your Own" card into your Yoto player. Tap "Link" on the pop-up panel once you insert your card. Then you'll see a "Record" icon (a red circle) on your Yoto player's display. When you see a green tick mark, that means your card has been successfully linked and it's good to go!
Just take the card out and then reinsert it to begin playing it.
Decorating Your Own Yoto Cards
Once you make your Yoto cards, you might want to label them or decorate them in some way. Of course, this is not necessary, because you can easily just write on the top of the card with Sharpie or put some masking tape on it and label that.
To make it a bit cuter, you could use patterned Washi tape and then just write the title in Sharpie or print out a label and add it to the Washi tape. Or just put the label straight onto the card. Remember to place it at the top of the card on the part that sticks out from the Yoto card. Then you'll be able to easily see what's playing.
If you want to make your DIY cards look the same as the official Yoto cards that you purchased, there are a few things you can do to make your own Yoto cards look great.
One way you can decorate your cards is by using Canva. You can drag and drop a book cover or just a text box with the title into one of Canva's free templates and print it out! You can fit more than one Yoto cover onto a free 8x11 template, so you can print several on a page.
Once you print it out, stick it to your new Yoto card!
You can also order custom stickers from different companies, and you could use one of those to display cover art or the book's title. Just so you know, there aren't any official custom stickers for Yoto, so you'd have to double-check the sizes of the stickers you order to make sure they'll fit.
Check out this post for more help on labeling Yoto cards!
As you can tell, there is a lot of great audio out there that you can use for Yoto cards. And now you know how to make your own Yoto cards!
What other great sources am I missing for MYO content? Let me know in the comments!
- How To Redeem Amazon Shipping Credits for Yoto MYO Content - Using No-Rush Credits for free MP3s
- Yoto Cards That Have Matching Read Aloud Books [and which ones have page turn prompts!]
- Christian Yoto Cards - 30+ Links for Good Christian Content For MYO
- How To Make a Yoto Podcast Card - 40+ RSS Links Ready For You!
Do you know if Audible stopped carrying The Octonauts? I can't find them anywhere now.