I want to tell you about my very favorite photography resource for moms – Click Magazine! It’s a gorgeous magazine for female photographers, or as their tagline says, “for the modern photograp[her].”
Click Magazine is inspiring and educational: every single issue gives you information and content that helps you be a better photographer! Whether you’re documenting your family or taking pictures of clients, Click is a fantastic resource for creative women.
See my big pile of Click magazines? I’ve been getting them for almost four years, and you can see that my issues are well-loved! I’m even missing a few because I keep wrapping up the current issue to gift to friends when I buy them a subscription for their birthdays. 😉
Are you a Click Subscriber yet? Let me tell you more about why I love it!
Keep reading – there’s an EXCLUSIVE PROMO CODE below!
WHY I LOVE CLICK MAGAZINE AS A MOM
1. Click is for all skill levels and genres.
Click Magazine appeals to both hobbyists (those who shoot for themselves) and pros (those who shoot for paid work). The content includes all different genres of photography – kid portraits, candid lifestyle shots, birth photography, still life, street shooting, wedding portraits, and even pet photography!
Even within a genre, there are tons of different styles included: editorial, colorful, moody, bright, detailed, whimsical, and candid. It’s always inspiring to see the huge range of creative expression and individuality displayed in Click.
2. The goal of Click is to educate women.
Photography is such a competitive market that many local photographers hold their “secrets” close to their chest – their methods, their strategies, their locations, even what gear they use. It can be frustrating to get the answers you need.
But Click magazine isn’t like that at all – it’s a helpful, supportive resource for women to grow and learn together.
In every issue, top notch photographers provide the photos and guest articles. These talented women share everything – they actually WANT you to succeed! It’s so useful to get a fresh look at how people think – to see the steps they take to make their vision a reality.
The content in Click works for professionals as well as moms who want to document their children in a beautiful way. Much of the content focuses on little things that are hard to just pick up on your own.
For example, I’ve recently seen content on:
- what angles are flattering for different ages
- verbal cues to get great expressions
- how to use light creatively
- how to use a boring location effectively
- workflow tips for posing and managing kids
- how to compose photos in a pleasing way
- picking a lens for specific situations, and more.
Reading Click is like having a friend teach you all her best tips! It’s an insider-look at how photographers think and shoot and edit.
3. Click is a high-quality magazine, full of amazing images.
The photos themselves are absolutely eye-candy: there are so many gorgeous shots by really talented photographers!
In general, Click Magazine is not your normal flimsy magazine on cheap paper. Photographers know that print quality matters – and this does not disappoint. Click is printed on gorgeous, thick paper with super high-quality images. Holding it in your hands is a totally different experience than grabbing a gossip magazine off the grocery store shelf.
The newsstand price of Click Magazine is normally $36/year. I have been a subscriber for almost four years, and I always renew it online because it’s a third cheaper than grabbing it from Barnes & Noble (although, if you want to get your hands on this month’s copy, that is one retailer that keeps it on the shelf!)
4. But you can also get every issue digitally.
Click knows women are always on the go – so there’s a digital version of every issue too! The digital version is included with your print subscription, and there’s even a handy app for it.
I always download the digital magazine so I have it available when I find a few minutes to myself during the day (hello, school pickup line!).
5. Every single issue pushes me creatively.
Click Magazine makes me feel inspired and more aware that everyone has different talents and styles. Instead of feeling overwhelmed and pressured to mimic other people (uh, Pinterest, anyone?) I feel my creative boundaries expanding as I want to try new things.
I think any photographer, no matter what level, could pick up Click magazine and feel inspired. It’s a breath of fresh air!
Too often we think our gear is holding us back, and that if we just bought a new camera/lens then we could take the pictures we want. But reading Click has helped me realize that photography has way more to do with the photographer than the camera. Click is all about pushing yourself creatively, no matter what gear you have.
6. There’s a huge focus on capturing children and families authentically.
Click is such a good resource for moms who want to document their families better!
Since it’s a women-owned magazine that’s meant for other women, you can imagine that motherhood is a near-constant theme. Every single month, there are articles about shooting childhood authentically: getting natural poses, real connection, and photos that truly capture emotion.
If you want less cheesy grins and more raw emotion, then you will love the tips in Click!
Whew! Have I convinced you how awesome this magazine is yet? I hope so!
I happily pay for Click every year: the subscription price for 6 issues of Click is $24, or $36 if you bought each issue individually at Barnes & Noble.
However, I contacted Click to see if I could offer my readers some sort of deal on my favorite resource.
I was thrilled that we put together an exclusive bundle deal for my Snap Happy Mom readers. 🙂 No one else has access to a deal like this!
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR MOM-PHOTOGRAPHERS
(That you can give yourself!)
See that cute t-shirt above? Click & Company also carries lots of gifts for photographers in their shop, including these t-shirts, regularly $28 each.
My favorite “Mom’s Gonna Snap!” shirt is comfy, super soft, and has a longer fit. You better believe I love a neutral gray for shooting!
Best of all, the clever slogan makes me smile every time. It’s so perfect for mom photographers!
The deal I arranged for my readers is a year’s subscription to Click Magazine (6 issues) AND a super cute shirt for $39 total – a 25% savings!
You have to use my promo code below – but I would definitely jump on this deal if you’re interested, since it’s only available for a limited time!
In fact, I think this makes an awesome Christmas gift for yourself. 😉
Wrap up that shirt and put it in your stocking for the perfect comfy gift to wear. You’ll also get to enjoy your purchase every single time the magazine comes in the mail, all year long!
(If you already subscribe to the magazine, buying this bundle will just add a year onto your existing subscription.)
HOW TO GET THE CLICK & CO MAGAZINE & T-SHIRT DEAL
You’ll need to add two things to your cart at the Click & Co Store:
1. The Click magazine subscription – you want to put this product listing in your cart. It’s totally fine if you need the international version instead – just one of those subscriptions needs to go in your cart. You could even grab two years right away… becuase you’re going to want them!
2. Any T-Shirt from the Click & Co store. My favorites are the original “Mom’s Gonna Snap” t-shirt and the newer logo design of Mom’s Gonna Snap. However, any one of the Click & Co branded shirts will work for this deal, so check them all out here!
Then start the checkout process. After you add the billing/shipping address, you’ll type in the coupon code.
—>Enter the coupon code “SNAPHAPPY” to take 25% off the total of the two items.
This brings the price down from $52 to just $39 for a super cute t-shirt and a years’ worth of inspiring, helpful magazines! It’s a super sweet deal.
A few details:
– The promo code only works if you have both a magazine & T-shirt in the cart.
– The promo code only applies to the magazine & T-shirt combo: nothing else will be 25% off.
– You still have to pay shipping for the t-shirt. First class shipping was $3-4 for me, so it’s not bad! Of course, the magazine ships each month for free, so you don’t have to worry about that.
– If you’re gifting the shirt/magazine to someone else, rest assured that an invoice won’t be included if your shipping address differs from your billing address. If you need to manually change the address the magazine goes to as well, you can contact customer service to do that.
This deal is only available or a limited time, so act now!
Use promo code SNAPHAPPY to get a shirt and magazine subscription for $39.
Head to the Click & Co store here to add them to your cart.
COMMENT: What questions do you have about Click Magazine? Comment below and I’ll answer them!