Have a Sci-Fi Guy in the house? Me too. And if your guy is as hard to buy for as mine, then you’re going to love this gift guide for him!
This is a great starting point for any man who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, video games, superheroes, and all things sci-fi. Every single one of these ideas has been approved by my husband. He even prioritized the list in order of what he wants the most! Now I have the next few gift ideas ready and I won’t have to spend hours looking for something he’ll like.
If you have a Sci-Fi guy in your life here is a great gift guide for him to get you started.
- R2-D2 AC / USB Power Station: This AC/USB power station is so useful! Not only can you charge your phone and tablet at the same time, you get 4 outlets instead of two! Now you can plug everything in at night and won’t have extension cords or power strips all over your room.
- Mini Bat Signal: For all those wannabe superheroes out there: how cool would it be to have your own Bat Signal? It’s perfect for a desk or shelf without taking up too much room. Just turn on the Bat Signal and your Sci-Fi guy can feel like he is saving the day.
- Lightsaber Chopsticks: These clever chopsticks combine my husband’s love of eating with his love for Star Wars… they are a no brainer gift! The best part is you can get them in the color of their favorite character: Luke, Darth Vader, Yoda or even Mace Windu.
- Captain America light up shield/ nightlight: My husband thought this would be great for our son’s room, but when I said he could put it in his man cave his eyes lit up! This little battery-powered light works perfectly as a night light (or man cave light) There’s a Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man version too!
- Doctor Who TARDIS Projection Alarm Clock: Got a Doctor Who fan in the house? When my husband saw this Dr. Who alarm clock he was intrigued, but he was totally sold when he saw it projected the time and had the Tardis sound as the alarm! Any Dr. Who fan would LOVE to wake up to the Tardis sound and dream the Doctor had come to take them on an adventure.
- “I ate some pie & it was delicious” T-Shirt: Now I know that this one isn’t technically Sci-Fi, but we all know our Sci-Fi guys have a little bit of geek in them (and we love them for it!). The formula is a clever play on words using mathematic equations that any Sci-Fi guy would be proud to wear. We celebrate Pie Day on March 14th every year with friends and I know all the men would wear this shirt if they had it!
- Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter: I am not going to lie; this is one that I want to get for myself. Growing up watching Star Trek with my dad I have a little Sci-Fi in me too! This cool gadget takes a useful kitchen tool to a whole new level. If you have to own a pizza cutter, you might as well make it fun!
- Mathematics Blackboard Pop Quiz Clock: When I showed this one to my husband he immediately started working out all the problems to make sure they were all correct. They are, of course! Why have a regular wall clock that anyone can read when you can have one that teaches math?
- Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock dice game: Anyone who watches the show The Big Bang Theory knows about Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock. This show is about the ultimate Sci-Fi guy: if your man likes this show he will love these dice. As for the rules, you will have to ask Sheldon Cooper to explain them to you.
- Mario Brothers Chess Set: I got this for my husband’s birthday and it was a HUGE hit! If your guy grew up playing Mario Brothers then he will love seeing all the different character pieces and setting it up. And good luck telling your kids that this is only Daddy’s toy – they’ll be interested too!
- Battery Charging Mug: Anyone who uses a lot of tech devices knows how important a full battery charge is. This mug is a great pun on “charging your battery in the morning:” the design on the outside is heat activated! This is a great gift to help him start every day with a smile.
Let me know what your Sci-Fi guy thinks of this gift guide for him in the comments. And tell me about any more gifts that have been a hit at your house!